1. salt and pepper chicken thighs and dredge into flour
2. add olive oil to skillet on medium high heat add chicken skin side down first brown for 10 minutes then flip to the other side and brown for 6 minutes longer, Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the rendered chicken fat.
3. In blender add tomato sauce, garlic, lime juice, chiptoles, and water and puree the mixture.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the browned chicken in the same skillet place lid on and simmer on low for 30 minutes.
5. Enjoy with your favorite mexican side like 3 bean salad