1 1/2 pounds of boneless chicken breast cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1 large sweet onion diced fine
2 1/2 tablespoons of garlic minced around 8 to 10 cloves
salt and pepper
INGREDENTS FOR BASIL PESTO (THICKER PESTO LESS OIL)
3 Oz of fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons of pine nuts toasted
2 Oz of parmesan cheese about 3/4 cup
1/3 cup of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add olive oil to Dutch oven on medium high heat brown chicken for 5 minutes then flip and brown for 2 minutes.
2. Add the onions and grlic directly to the chicken and stir to combine and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes until onions have turned translucent.
3. Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock stir to combine place lid on dutch oven and cook for 50 minutes at 375 degrees
4. For Basil pesto add all ingredients to food processor, garlic, pinenuts , basil, parmesan salt and pepper turn on food processor and drizzle olive oil in to combine all ingredients into a thick paste.
5. Remove lid from chicken let set for 3 minutes before before adding the basil pesto because you do not want to cook the basil pesto it will loose its vibrant color and taste. Stir to combine all ingredients.
6. Serve the garlic basil pesto chicken on its own with a vegetable or add it to pasta or rice