1. Cook your white rice in 2 1/4 cups of water for 20 minutes. Simmer and add salt fluff with fork and set aside.
2. Cut the tops off your peppers and remove seeds and white membrane in the middle. Place in a large pot of salted boiling water for 2 minutes the plunge into an ice bath to cool down.
3. In a large skillet, add olive oil and saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes on medium heat until translucent.
4. Push onion mixture aside in same pan add beef and cook for 10 minutes until browned, if fat is left in bottom of pan remove at this time.
5. Turn skillet to medium high heat and add wine let the wine cook out. It should take a minute. Then add worcestershire sauce and 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes.
6. Combine your cooked rice and sharp cheddar cheese to the meat mixture, the cheese will melt into the hot meat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stuff your peppers with the meat mixture and place in an oven safe container with the lid off. I used a dutch oven.
8. For the sauce, combine the tomato soup, fresh basil, and 28oz can of crushed tomatoes. Pour over stuffed peppers, top the pepper with the mozzarella cheese and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.