3 1/2 cups of cooked chicken cubed (leftovers from a baked chicken)
6 tablespoons of butter
1/3 cup of all purpose flour
8 oz of baby bella mushrooms sliced
1/4 cup of diced shallots
1 1/4 cups of diced bell peppers (used red and yellow for the sweetness)
1 cup of peas
2 tablespoons of sherry
3 cups of chicken stock
1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1. Add butter to large skillet on medium heat let melt and then add the sliced mushrooms with salt to release the juices from the mushrooms and cook for just 5 minutes the mushrooms will not brown you just want to soften them.
2. Add your diced shallots to the cooked mushrooms and cook for 1 minute
3. Add the flour stir until you can see no more white flour in the mixture and cook for 5 minutes on medium
4. Add your bell peppers and peas stir to combine all ingredients then add your sherry and let cook out for 1 minutes
5. slowly add your chicken stock stirring or whisking while you pour the stock into the hot skillet. Turn up the heat to medium high until you start to see it boil then reduce the temperature to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes the stock will thicken up as it simmers. Keep stirring every few minutes.
6. After 15 minutes of cooking add your heavy whipping cream, thyme, nutmeg, cooked chicken and salt and pepper and combine all ingredients and cook for just another 2 minutes until the chicken is heated through.
7. Serve over puffed pastry, rice or pasta and enjoy