4 Chicken breasts boneless and skinless about 1 1/2 pounds
15 oz of fresh spinach or 2 (10oz frozen spinach packages)
4 tablespoons of olive oil (divided between chicken and spinach)
8 cloves of garlic sliced thin ( 4 for the Mascarpone sauce and 4 for the spinach)
1 1/2 cups of dry white wine (I used the Viognier)
1/2 cup of diced shallots
5 oz of mascarpone cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Salt and pepper your chicken breasts place in saute pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high and brown each side for 5 to 7 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken breast cook through to 165 degrees set aside and tent with foil to keep warm.
2. You should start both your spinach and mascarpone sauce at the same time everything comes together fast.
3. In a new deep saute pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 4 sliced garlic cloves and saute them for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat until cooked through
4. At the same time using the pan you cooked your chicken in that should have brown bits at the bottom don't forget that flavors the sauce add more olive oil if needed and saute your shallots and sliced garlic for about 3 minutes on medium heat until shallots are translucent.
5. Add your fresh spinach with salt and pepper to the large saute pan that only has the cooked garlic and olive oil using your tongs toss the spinach in the olive oil and coat the leaves it will take from 3 to 4 minutes to wilt the spinach from this huge pile to very little cooked spinach keep tossing until completely cooked down
6. Add 1 1/2 cup of dry white wine to the saute pan with the cooked shallots and garlic and reduce the wine by half should take around 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Drain all the liquid out of the spinach by placing it in a strainer. If using the frozen spinach you want to drain the liquid out before placing the spinach in the saute pan and cooking it the same way.
8. After your wine has reduced by half turn your heat down to low and add your mascarpone cheese. A great tip is to take the mascarpone cheese out of the fridge for 1 hour before using. Wisk to combine the mascarpone cheese with the wine it will thicken the sauce and make it creamy.
9. Add your cooked chicken and spoon the creamy mascarpone sauce over the top and simmer for 2 minutes on low heat.
10. To plate the final dish add the cooked spinach to the bottom of the plate I like to slice the chicken and pour the thick rich creamy mascarpone cheese sauce over the top and enjoy your 6 ingredient dinner.