- 1 Pound ground chicken
- 16oz /1 Pound of riced cauliflower
- 1 Medium yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic about 4 large cloves
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 8oz of Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Recreating risotto was so easy with cauliflower rice! This dish is creamy, thick, risotto-like perfection! Plus, it’s a whole lot easier and less involved than the traditional version. This cauliflower risotto is quick enough for a light weeknight dinner because riced cauliflower cooks 4 minutes vs. rice that takes 25 minutes. Not to mention the low carb of cauliflower rice risotto. Most grocery stores sell riced cauliflower in both the fresh produce section and the frozen section. Start by adding olive oil to a nonstick sauté pan. I like using a nonstick for ground chicken because the chicken has very little fat that renders out. Turn the burner to medium high and when the oil starts to shimmer add the ground chicken with salt and pepper. Break apart the ground chicken and cook it for about 6 to 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and then remove it from the pan.
- 2. Remove the cooked ground chicken from the pan and set aside. Add olive oil to a sauté pan and turn the burner to a medium heat. When the oil is hot add the diced onions and cook the onion for 1-2 minutes until it becomes translucent not browned. Then add the riced cauliflower with the minced garlic and salt and pepper stir to combine all the ingredients. Then add the chicken stock and cook the cauliflower rice from 3 to 6 minutes until it reaches a consistency that you like. I like my cauliflower risotto to have a slight chew not mushy so I cook my rice for about 4 minutes. You want to stir the rice in the chicken stock to make sure all the rice cooks through.
- 3. After you cooked the cauliflower rice to the consistency that you like add the mascarpone cheese and parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate all the ingredients. Before you add the cheese make sure the burner is turned down to the lowest setting to incorporate all the creamy cheeses. The mascarpone cheese give the creamy like consistency to the decadent cauliflower risotto.
- 4. It should only take 1 minute for the cheeses to melt into the cauliflower risotto. When it does turn off the heat from the burner and add fresh basil leaves and nutmeg. I add nutmeg to most of my creamy dishes because it enhances the flavors. Please grate in the nutmeg from the actual nut, use a microplane grater because it has sharper edges. Stir to incorporate all the fresh herbs and spices and then stir in the cooked ground chicken and serve hot. I love how this comes together in a matter of minutes and dinner is served.