Are you in the mood for some Mexican food? My Fajita Stuffed Chicken recipe is delicious and really easy to make! It is packed full of flavors and different spices. I suggest that you pair my Fajita Stuffed Chicken with guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream.
- 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese about 4 oz grated
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese about 4 oz grated
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. You are going to want to go ahead and grab a saute pan to start cooking! Start to add the olive oil to the saute pan. Once the pan is warm enough, you are going to start to want to caramelize the onions, red pepper, yellow pepper and garlic for about 11 minutes. 11 minutes should be plenty of time to caramelize the ingredients, if not then continue to have them on the pan until they reach a good golden brown color. While caramelizing the ingredients, continue to stir them so the vegetables don't burn. After 11 minutes, add the wine for more added flavor. Cook for 1 minute longer to have the vegetables absorb some of the wine. After about a minute or so, turn off the heat to the saute pan. Now you can go ahead and add the grated cheese and let it melt together, then it set aside.
- 2. Time to move onto the chicken breasts. Cut pockets into each of the chicken breasts with the opening at the top or you can also butterfly the chicken breast. Either way works for this recipe. If you butterfly the chicken breast you will need to close the side of the chicken with tooth picks so the stuffing does not cook out.
- 3. Once you are done creating a pocket for all of the chicken breasts, we are going to move forward with the spices. Now, we are going to rub all the spices on the chicken breasts. These spices include chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Once you're done rubbing the spices on every chicken breast, we are going to move on with stuffing the chicken. Start by stuffing the chicken with the fajita pepper mix.
- 4. Add olive oil to the saute pan and start getting ready to saute the chicken breasts. We are going to put the saute pan on a medium heat. Once the pan is warm you are going to want to start putting the chicken breasts in the pan. Cook the chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes per side until cooked to the internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- 5. Once the chicken is done cooking, you are all set to go! You can enjoy the fajita stuffed chicken with guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream.