9oz frozen spinach (drained completely) packed 1/3 cup
5 tablespoons of flour
3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs plain
Salt to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR SAUCE
1 pint of heirloom cherry tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
1/ 4 cup of fresh chopped basil
1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons of salty gnudi boiling water
1. 4 to 6 quarts of well salted water on a low simmer not rolling boil.
2. Add olive oil to saute pan on medium heat, then add garlic, basil, oregano, tomatoes and salt to taste. Saute for 3 minutes then add 2 tablespoons of the salty boiling water. Place lid on and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In bowl add all the gnudi ingredients ricotta, parmesan, spinach, eggs, breadcrumbs and flour with salt to taste and stir into well incorporated together.
4. Roll large 1 tablespoon size balls together to form the gnudi.
5. Gently drop gnudi into salty simmering water, water should not be on a rolling boil the gnudi are very delicate.
6. Test one gnudi in the water if it falls apart add 1 tablespoon more of flour and retest. Gnudi will float to the top of the water when done. Should cook for approximately 4 minutes and remove from the water.
7. You can enjoy the gnudi right out of the water with your favorite sauce or pan fry the cooked gnudi in olive oil and butter your choice.