3 cups of heirloom tomatoes (I like to use different colors: yellow, dark red & red)
1/2 cup of packed fresh basil
1/2 cup of olive oil
6 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts
Salt to taste
1 pack of linguine pasta
1. For the first step you're going to need a large pot. Once you have the pot out, you are going to want to place some water in the large pot. Then you can go ahead and turn it on a high to be able to boil the water. Also make sure that you go ahead and add 1 tablespoon of salt to the water. To make life in the kitchen easier for you, you're going to want to go ahead and time this so your pasta is finished cooking when your tomato basil sauce is finished. This will allow the transition from one step to another much simpler for you.
2. Go ahead and now grab a separate skillet and set it to a medium low heat, Once the skillet is warm enough, you are going to want to add some olive oil to it. Once the olive oil is in the skillet, start to saute the garlic and red pepper flakes for approximately 4-5 minutes until translucent not brown. We don't want it to be burnt!
3. Now let's move on to the next step. You are going to now add some salt to the chopped heirloom tomatoes. These heirloom tomatoes are going to be so delicious! This will allow for it to bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes. Trust me, it will taste delicious once you are done cooking this dish!
4. Alright, so by now your pasta should have already been ready to take out. So what we are going to do is remove the pasta from the boiling water without draining. Don't drain the pasta! You're going to want to transfer it immediately to the skillet along with the garlic oil. So once that's done, we are ready to add something else to the skillet. We can now add 1/2 cup of pasta water to the skillet and toss.
5. This is the last step before we can start eating this delicious meal! So we are going to melt the parmesan cheese directly into the hot pasta. Once you have done that, you are going to want to add the pine nuts, tomatoes and fresh basil. That should be the final ingredients for this dish. Toss all the ingredients together. Once you are done tossing the ingredients, you are going to let them cook for 1 minute more to warm up the tomatoes. Now your dish is ready to go!