2 1/2 of non chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
6oz of sliced baby bella mushrooms
6oz of shiitake mushrooms stems removed
2 tablespoons of olive oil for sauteing mushrooms
1 1/2 cups of zucchini shaved into ribbons
1 small shaved fennel bulb
1 1/2 cup of heirloom cherry tomatoes
1 cup of fresh corn (one large ear of corn)
6oz of feta cheese
1/3 cup of fresh basil
1/3 cup of fresh Italian parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove stems of shiitake mushrooms and place them in the stock or water. Bring to a simmer and after 2 minutes remove the stems and add the couscous. Place lid on pot and simmer for 10 minutes until water is absorbed then turn off burner but leave lid on for 3 minutes.
2. Place olive oil in saute pan and brown the mushrooms for about 10 minutes on medium high heat. Combine the mushrooms and couscous and test to see if your couscous needs salt and pepper.
3. Shave the zucchini into ribbons do the same with the fennel bulb, you can use your potato peeler or a mandoline. Slice you heirloom cherry tomatoes in half. Remove the kernels of corn off the ear of corn.
4. For the salad dressing, in a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, fresh dill, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
5. In a large salad bowl, combine the couscous, mushroom mix with zucchini, fennel, tomatoes, corn, basil, parsley and feta cheese. Coat with salad dressing and toss to combine and place in fridge for 1 hour. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed.