- 1 3/4 Pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast ( I used 4 small breasts)
- 2/3 Cup or 5 Oz of Mayonnaise
- 2/3 Cup or 5 Oz of Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 Teaspoons of Garlic paste around 3 or 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoons of fresh Rosemary minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. I have been asked by my YouTube Subscribers dozens of times to create a easy pantry dinner with only a few ingredients. This Mayo Parmesan chicken is just what they ordered. Everything is a pantry stable in my house and it was easy to prep and bake and the best part the taste is amazing. Even if you are not a mayo fan this is a must try. When the parmesan cheese melts with all the flavors in the mayo, it's this delicious cheesy layer on top of the chicken. The best part is that the mayo keeps the chicken moist and juicy as it bakes in the oven. Start by removing the needle like leaves from the rosemary stem. Run a knife over the leaves and mince them into tiny pieces. I do this because Rosemary is chewy before cooked and also helps the pine flavors to enhance the mayo. Turn the garlic into a paste by running the garlic cloves over a microplane. In a bowl stir all the ingredients together Mayo, Dijon, Garlic paste, Rosemary and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Foil a baking sheet pan for easy clean up. Add olive oil or non stick cooking spray on the sheet pan. A great tip for baking chicken in the oven. All chicken breasts come in different thicknesses right. With a mallet pound lightly the top part of the chicken breast so that all chicken breasts are the same thickness from top to bottom. This will help in cooking that they all cook at the same time and evenly. Also for more even cooking pull the chicken breast out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking them. Lay them on the foil lined sheet pan.
- 3. Salt and Pepper the top side of the chicken breasts. You don't want to salt both sides of the chicken because of the mayo and parmesan mixture has enough sodium from the parmesan cheese. Another great tip push the chicken breast together so the side are touching each other. This helps the cheesy layer from running off the chicken breast onto the sheet pan while baking. Coat the whole top of the chicken with the mayo and parmesan sauce. Spread evenly to use all of the sauce.
- 4. The oven should be pre heated to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit. I like to make this a meal by adding my favorite root vegetables. I added heirloom baby carrots and shitake mushroom. Just drizzle the vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper with a sprinkle of garlic powder. Arrange in a single layer on top of the sheet pan. You can use Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts and Cauliflower cut into smaller pieces so that they finish cooking at the same time as the chicken finishes.
- 5. Place the chicken and vegetables in the 400 Degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes depending of the thickness of the chicken. Chicken is finished cooking when the internal temperature reaches 165 Degrees. Check the chicken in 15 minutes to look at the cheesy topping if it is browning to much you can always place foil on top and let it finish cooking in the oven. I have not had to place foil on top but all ovens are different. This is an easy and delicious weekday dinner that the whole family will love.