1 1/4 pound filet of salmon skin attached no pin bones
32 oz of fish stock ( low sodium if not homemade)
3 tablespoons of yellow miso paste
1 inch of fresh ginger sliced thin julien
2 large garlic cloves sliced thin
1 red chili sliced thin I kept the seeds in for heat
Juice of half a lime
5 Oz of Shitake Mushrooms sliced
3 Oz of Bunashimeji mushrooms seperated
1/2 red pepper julien cut
1 small carrot julien cut
5 Oz of baby sweet broccoli
3 scallions sliced thin both green and white parts
salt to taste
1. Pour fish stock to a 9 inch stove pot add miso paste and wisk together to incorporate the miso paste and turn burner onto medium. When stock is simmering add ginger, garlic and red chili and simmer for 3 minutes. Taste miso stock to adjust salt level if any is needed because miso paste is salty.
2. Reduct heat to low the stock should not be bubbling or simmering just very hot then you can add the salmon. If the liquid does not cover the top of the salmon baste with the stock overtop of the salmon. Salmon should be cooked in 7 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon.
3. Remove the salmon from the miso stock set aside and remove the skin that was kept on for cooking.
4. bring the stock up to a low boil and add shitake, bunashimeji, scallions, carrot, red pepper and baby broccoli and simmer for 2 minutes.
5. squeeze in the juice of 1/2 a lime and serve in a bowl with stock and vegetables on the bottom topping with your poached salmon.