1/3 to 1/2 cup of olive oil (depending on your desired thickness)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Salt the zucchini noodles and place them on a mesh strainer. Let stand for an hour then press down and push all the liquid out of the noodles. This is a very important step to remove the liquid from the zucchini noodles.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to skillet on medium high heat saute mushrooms for 6 minutes until browned.
3. In a separate skillet, add two tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat and saute shallots and garlic for 4 minutes until translucent.
4. Add the drained noodles to the skillet with the shallots and garlic and saute the noodles for 3 minutes.
5. Combine browned mushrooms with sauted zucchini noodles in a large bowl.
6. In a food processor combine basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan and 1/3 cup of olive oil with salt and pepper and blend into the pesto.
7. Combine 4 or 5 tablespoons of the pesto to the zucchini noodles, there will be left over pesto.
8. Place in a casserole pan and top with fresh mozzarella and make little pocket for ricotta cheese to melt inside the casserole. Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese melts.