1 pound of salmon filet (remove skin and any pin bones) cut into large 1 1/2 inch bite size pieces
INGREDIENTS FOR SALMON MARINADE
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of mirin
1 teaspoon of tamari or soy sauce
INGREDIENTS FOR STIR FRY
1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
3 cloves of garlic sliced thin
1 fresno red chili (seeds removed) sliced thin
1/2 sliced red pepper
1/2 sliced yellow pepper
4 oz of snow peas
4 oz of bunashimeji mushrooms or trumpet mushrooms
3 scallions sliced thin
1 tablespoon of mirin
1 tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
1. Add sesame oil, mirin & tamri to the salmon pieces. Cut the salmon pieces into good bite sized pieces. Allow the salmon pieces that you cut to marinate. Let the salmon pieces marinate for 30 minutes. Marinating the salmon will allow the fish to sit in the juices and therefore have more flavor when cooking. While you let your salmon marinate in the sauces, start cutting up your vegetables.
2. On a medium heat, add one tablespoon of grapeseed oil to a non-stick fry pan. Using a non-stick fry pan will allow for easier cooking of the salmon. The salmon won't stick to the pan. Allow the salmon to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. The time to cook will vary and depend on the thickness of the salmon. If you cut them like I have in the picture, 3 to 4 minutes on each side should be fine. Just make sure that your salmon pieces keep a slight pink color in the center of the salmon. Once the salmon is done cooking, remove from the salmon pieces from the pan and set aside.
3. It's time to work the wok! Start by putting the wok on a medium high heat. Once the wok is warm, start by adding the sesame oil, grapeseed oil, vegetables, ginger, garlic and fresno chili. Allow all these ingredients to cook for 2 minutes. Constantly move the vegetables so they don't burn, this is important. Once a few minutes have passed, you can add the mushrooms, red pepper, yellow pepper, and snow peas. Allow these new ingredients that you just added to cook for 2 minutes. In the last minute of cooking, add the scallions, mirin, tamari and hoisin sauce. Be sure to stir to combine all the ingredients.
4. Now's the time when we carefully add the cooked salmon to the wok. Be sure to stir to combine all the sauces without breaking the salmon pieces. This might be a little difficult, but if you break a salmon piece its no biggie. It will taste just as delicious. Once you're done stirring, you can go ahead and serve yourself!
5. Now that is a dish! Be sure to enjoy this dish with your favorite rice or if you are like me, I just enjoy the salmon and vegetables! Next time when making this dish, you can try adding more of your favorite vegetables to it. You can customize this dish and make it perfect for you! I hope you enjoyed eating this delicious and healthy dish. Till next time!