16 Oz of chicken thighs cut into small bite size pieces
3 tablespoon of grape seed oil
16 Oz of wide rice noodles
1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half
4 scallions cut two inch pieces using the green parts only
1/2 cup of sugar snaps cut into bite size pieces
1 small yellow onion sliced
1 serrano pepper sliced thin and seeds removed
1 tablespoon of minced garlic about 4 cloves
1 cup of fresh Thai basil ( if can not find Thai basil use fresh Italian basil)
1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRUNKEN NOODLE SAUCE
4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
3 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce (please read below how you can substitute regular soy sauce)
2 teaspoons of fish sauce
2 teaspoons of minced ginger
1. To make your easy drunken noodle sauce you only need 4 ingredients. First you want to mince up some fresh ginger it brightens all the flavors in this sweet, savory and salty sauce. then add your oyster sauce and fish sauce and stir to combine. The last ingredient you will be adding is a sweet soy sauce, yes sweet soy sauce not regular soy sauce their is a difference. If you do not have sweet soy sauce because it can be hard to find if you don't have an Asian market nearby. You can take regular soy sauce and for every tablespoon you use add 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and stir to combine. Stir to combine all ingredients and set aside.
2. My number one tip is to prep all your vegetables and meat before you start your stir fry because when you start everything moves very quickly and you want to be able to grab and throw into the wok without stopping the heat under the wok. From start to finish this takes around 10 to 15 minutes depending on the protein you are using. People ask me can I do this without a wok the answer is yes just make sure you use a large enough sauté pan to hold everything. Turn your wok on medium high heat add your grapeseed oil and when you see the fist puff of smoke add your serrano pepper and minced garlic. As soon as the vegetables hit the hot oil stir them around in the pan to keep the garlic from burning they will only cook for less than 1 minute before adding your chicken thighs pieces.
3. Make sure the chicken thighs are cut up into bite size pieces cutting them against the grain of the meat will make them more tender. Add the chicken to the garlic and serrano pepper and keep stirring and moving the meat and vegetables around in the pan. You will cook the meat around 5 to 7 minutes depending on how small you cut your chicken thigh bites. You do not need to salt and pepper your chicken or vegetables because their is plenty of sodium in the sauce,
4. When the chicken thighs are cooked most of the way through it is time to add sliced onions, sugar snaps and cherry tomatoes. Keep everything moving around in the wok or sauté pan you don't want to meat or vegetables to burn from the high heat so the trick is to keep everything moving around in the wok. Cook these vegetables from 2 to 3 minutes. The rice noodles should be cooked and ready I like to soak them in hot water until they are al dente it is very important that you don't overcook the pasta because the rice noodle will fall apart in the wok while you are tossing. Please read the cooking instructions on the rice noodles use the stir fry cooking instructions it is very important.
5. Add your cooked rice noodles to the wok and toss them around in the pan cook them in the hot wok for about 2 to 3 minutes let the rice noodles soak up all the flavors from everything in the wok. Add your drunken noodle sauce toss to incorporate all the sauce with the noodles then top with fresh Thai basil and scallions and squeeze fresh lime juice turn off the heat toss all the ingredients one last time and serve hot.