1. Cut your cherry tomatoes in half and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt stir to combine with the tomatoes and set aside. The salt will start to release the juices from the cherry tomatoes and make them sweeter. The tomatoes will be added at the end when the pasta is tossed with the creamy corn sauce.
2. Husk and remove any leftover silk from the ears of corn. In a large bowl to catch all the creamy juices grate all your earns of corn but remember to save the ears of corn. When you grate the corn it will release all its starches and make the sauce creamy and rich without adding butter or cream.
3. Take your ears of corn you just grated add two quarts of water plus 1 tablespoon of salt to a large sauce pan bring to a boil and boil the earns of corn for 30 minutes. While the ears of corn are boiling its a great time to dice up your shallots and fresno chili and mince your garlic cloves.
4. Add 2 tablespoon of olive oil to a large saute pan that can hold all your pasta and sauce in the end to toss. Turn the heat to medium when the oil is hot add your shallots, fresno chili and minced garlic to the hot oil and cook for 3 minutes until the shallots have turned translucent in color
5. Then add your grated creamy corn to the cooked shallots and pepper and stir to combine. your want to cook the corn with the veggies for 5 minutes on a medium heat stirring so the corn mixture does not brown and keeps its sweet taste.
6. Then its time to reserve 1 1/2 cups of your corn stock and pour into the pan, stir to combine the corn sauce will look watery but we are going to cook the sauce for 10 to 15 minutes until you can do the spatula test and I will describe that for you and show you a picture.
7. For the Spatula test when you can run your flat spatula down the pan and the sauce keeps separated for a matter of a few seconds the sauce is done. then you want to check sauce for salt if needing any to add at this time.
8. You want to make sure and time your pasta is finished cooking the same time your creamy corn sauce is done because you want to take directly from the hot pasta water right into the creamy corn sauce without rinsing the pasta. It is great if some starchy salty pasta water comes with the hot pasta into the sauce it will thicken the sauce up even more. After the pasta is added and combined with the creamy corn sauce toss in your grape tomatoes and fresh basil toss to combine. Then it's time to enjoy this delicious vegan creamy corn pasta.